No bake Chocolate Cake Recipe759
The perfect recipe for chocolate cake little cooking required and amazingly tasty results, making enough to feed 8 hungry mouths!
• 340g Prestat chocolate
• 200g butter
• 90g each hazelnuts, almonds and Brazil nuts
• 2 free range eggs
• 75g raisins
• 50g natural-dye glace cherries
• 75g digestive biscuits, roughly crumbled
• Layer a 20cm cake tin with baking parchment (not grease proof as it will stick to the cake)
• Melt 230g of the chocolate and all the butter in a pan over a moderate heat
• Place the nuts on a baking sheet and toast under a grill until the skin blisters. At this point, rub the nuts with a cloth and discard any skin that rubs off. Return the nuts to the grill and toast again until golden.
• When the chocolate is fully melted, remove it from the heat. Mix in the nuts and the cherries (keep back a few for decoration).
• Beat the eggs lightly with a fork, and then add to the chocolate.
• Finally, stir in the crumbled biscuits, and then spoon the mix into the cake tin. Leave it in the fridge over night to set.
• Once the cake is completely set, melt the remaining chocolate over a bowl of simmering water and then pour the chocolate over the cake and decorate the cake with the remaining berries.
For an element of adventure you could try an using one of our other varieties of chocolate bars.