Chocolate Soufflé Recipe804
This interesting twist on the classic French Soufflé recipe makes for an excellent desert and a great chance to show off your culinary skills!
Ingredients (Makes 2)
- 100g Prestat plain chocolate
- A small amount of butter
- 50g of caster sugar
- 3 large eggs (separated)
- Icing sugar
- Pre heat oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over boiling water
- Rub butter on the inside of both the small Soufflé dishes (350ml); then sprinkle sugar around the insides of the dishes and then shake out any excess.
- Whisk the egg yolks along with the remaining sugar until creamy.
- Then whisk the egg white (make sure that you wash and dry the whisk before hand) until they stand in tall peaks.
- Now, working quickly, mix the melted chocolate with half of the egg whites and mix them gently; then scrape this back in with the remaining egg white and mix gently again.
- Now scrape the mix into the soufflé dishes and place in the oven for 15 minutes, making sure that you do not slam the door!
- You will be able to tell that the soufflé is ready once it has risen.